Due to a successful partnership between Cambridge School of Constanta, Cambridge University and British Council Romania, starting this school year, in addition to the YLE Cambridge exams, we will be organizing KET, PET and FCE exams. Please see below a short presentation for each one of the tests:
- YLE (Young Learners Examinations) are Cambridge tests for children between 7 and 12 years old, at three levels of difficulty: Starters, Movers and Flyers. These tests reward children’s efforts to learn English and are an ideal way of introducing them to the requirements of an international examination. Exams like Movers and Flyers, if taken with A1 and A2 results, can replace admission tests for registering in Grade 5 in those Romanian schools that require so.
- KETfs (Cambridge English: Key English Test for schools) is the first level of General English language examination the certificate proves that. The content is specially designed for students’ interests and experiences. This exam can replace the admission exam for Grade 9 in those high schools that require so, if taken with A2 and up.
- PETfs (Preliminary English Test for schools.) This examination proves that students can communicate in English for usual daily situations. This exam can replace the admission exam for Grade 9 in those high schools that require so, if taken with A2 and up and the English exam in the Romanian Baccalaureate if taken with B1.
- FCEfs (First Certificate for schools) This General English language examination shows that student can speak in English well enough to study in an English language environment. This exam can replace the admission exam for Grade 9 in those high schools that require so, if taken with B2 and the English exam in the Romanian Baccalaureate.
Students who pass these examinations will receive a certificate from Cambridge University in partnership with British Council Romania, proving their skills in Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing.
|March 5th, 2016
||YLE, KETfs, PETfs
||65€, 80€, 110€
|March 19th, 2016
The school prepared a specially designed preparation course for 7 weeks, prior to the exam. The course will offer a placement test, introduction to the exam, followed by practice of the specific grammar and vocabulary required, as well as getting the students familiar with the exam tasks. The last session is dedicated to a mock exam. The course will be held by certified teachers specially trained by British Council Romania for these exams.
The cost for this course is 110 € (excluding the exam fee). The preparation course will take 7 weeks, 1,30h per session, starting on Friday, January 22nd 2016, after classes.
If you wish to register your child for the above exam and preparation course please sign this paper and return it to the school by Wednesday, January 20th 2016, along with both fees (exam & prep).
The levels of difficulty recommended for our students are:
- Starters – 7-8 years old
- Movers – 9-10 years old or those who were Starters in the previous exam
- Flyers – 11-12 years old or those who were Movers in the previous exam
- KET – 11-12 years old or those who were Flyers in the previous exam
- PET – 12 – 13 years old
- FCE – 13 – 14 years old